Monday, March 14, 2011

TED

1) The TED organization is about spreading ideas.

2) The purpose of the website is to bring people from the 3 worlds together. The functionality of the website supports that because it shows ideas from all 3 of the worlds.

3) I think we would pick technology, entertainment, and design because as engineers, those would seem the most interesting to us.

4) One video that I would pick would be How I taught rate to sniff out land mines because as a problem solver, he solves how to detect land mines without the use of technology which is very interesting. I would also pick How I built a toaster from scratch because as a problem solver, if you needed a toaster, you could just make one. I would also choose the Rise of Personal Robots because as an engineer, creating the robot could help a lot of old people if you were trying to come up with something to help them with.

5)





6) I could get involved with this by studying animals and animals' behaviors in college.

1 comment:

  1. Good job figuring out how to embed the video on your post.

    You answer the questions but share a tiny bit more insight on them. They don't need to be long, but do let us know a bit of the "why". Why would you pick those topics? Why would studying animal behavior help a person get into this field?

    ReplyDelete